Project Submission Form — North Central Florida HealthCare Coalition announces a call for project submissions annually in August
- Requesting agency must be a current member or request membership to the North Central Florida Healthcare Coalition (NCFHCC) as part of the project submission process.
- Request must demonstrate relevance to the Coalition’s mission: Coordinating preparedness and resilience through all sectors of the healthcare system.
- Request must demonstrate a direct link to the Coalition identified goals/gap analysis. Relevant NCFHCC plans and documents can be found on the website – www.ncfhcc.org.
- Projects will provide for geographic diversity within the eleven county region of Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Putnam, Suwannee, and Union.
- Funding awards will typically not exceed $30,000 per project.
- Projects must address an identified healthcare delivery deficiency, capability or resource gap.
- Projects must align to and support one of the following capabilities: Continuity of Operations, Emergency Operations Coordination, Information Sharing, Medical Surge, or Mass Fatality.
- Projects will not be considered if they supplant normal business expenses/core mission requirements.
- Projects will not be considered if they violate any of the ASPR funding restrictions (see Attachment).
- Decisions made on funding requests are at the sole discretion of the North Central Florida Healthcare Coalition Board of Directors.
- The North Central Florida Healthcare Coalition Board of Directors reserves the right to partially fund a request.
Total Awarded Funding for 2017: $66,590.95
- Alachua County Fire Rescue
- Project Title: Ballistic Protective Equipment for Active Shooter/Terrorism Rescue Task Force
- Additional Info: Equipment purchased will supplement supplies Alachua County Fire Rescue will purchase to complete the resources needed for this task force
- Purchase: F1 Ballistic Protective Vests (360 Protection) 3+ Rating and Mega Mover Patient Care Moving Devices
- Total Funding Amount: $18,232.95
- Florida Department of Health Alachua County
- Project Title: Region III Equipment Cache for Special Needs Shelters (SpNS)
- Additional Info: The items requested for purchase are augment to the cache with items that were needed but could not be funded at the time
- Purchase: Bariatric Cots and Wheelchairs, and Glucometers
- Total Funding Amount: $19,974.00
- Florida Department of Health Putnam County
- Project Title: Regional Continuity of Operations (COOP) Exercise
- Additional Info: COOP is a US federal regulation that ensures agencies are able to continue performance of essential functions under a broad range of circumstances
- Purchase: Exercise services from a qualified and licensed vendor to carry out the exercise and produce deliverables such as an After Action Report/Improvement Plan (AAP/IP)
- Total Funding Amount: $15,000.00
- UF Health Shands
- Project Title: CHEMPACK Security
- Additional Info: CHEMPACK is a national program funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CHEMPACK is a first responder asset that provides antidotes for individuals exposed to intentional nerve agent attacks and large-scale organophosphate (pesticide) poisonings
- Purchase: Equipment and supplies used to create a secured room in which to store a CHEMPACK. This is a requirement by the CDC in order for the CDC to issue a CHEMPACK free of charge
- Total Funding Amount: $13,384.00
Ebola & Highly Infectious Diseases
Events & Trainings
CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
- Florida Department of Health Bureau of Preparedness and Response — Healthcare System Preparedness (Main Link)
- Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response (ASPR): Technical Resources, Assistance Center, and Information Exchange (TRACIE) — CMS EP Rule (Main Link)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Survey & Certification – Emergency Preparedness (Main Link)