2020 Grant awardees announced
As part of our annual grant program, the Coalition announced an open call for project submissions from members seeking funding. We received a number of submissions and had the tough job of shortlisting the awardees based on the total available funds. Last year’s grant awardees included a number of projects funded for the purchase of HAM radios, oxygen supplies, and decon equipment. Obviously, the back-to-back hurricanes across the state created an urgent need for these items.
This year’s grant awardees include funding for a diversity of projects, and the Coalition is excited to play a role in bringing some of these much needed projects to fruition. Congratulations to this year’s awarded projects. We’ll be sharing more about their projects over the next few newsletters.
Grant awardees and projects funded:
- Center for Independent Living of North Central Florida – Emergency Preparedness Expo for People with Disabilities
- Florida Department of Health Lafayette – Bariatric Cots
- Florida Department of Health Suwanee – Bariatric Cots
- Tri-County Nursing Home – AED equipment
- Gilchrist County Fire Rescue – Ballistic Equipment
- Dixie County Emergency Services – Community Paramedicine