CLICK HERE to view the informational flyer. The National Ebola Training and Education Center (NETEC) and the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response Technical Resources, Assistance Center, and Information Exchange (ASPR TRACIE) are partnering on a series of webinars featuring NETEC’s suite of free, fully customizable, Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)-compliant exercise materials. The first webinar in the series provided an overview of NETEC’s exercise templates for highly pathogenic infectious diseases and highlighted some unique planning considerations. The second webinar focused on exercise planning for frontline facilities (acute care hospitals and other emergency care settings, such as urgent care clinics and critical access hospitals). The next webinar features regional transport planning. Speakers will describe NETEC exercise templates designed to test regional plans for the transport of patients under investigation for a highly pathogenic infectious disease. Representatives from three jurisdictions will share tips and lessons learned from recent regional transport exercises in Maryland, Texas, and Nevada. The webinar will take place Wednesday, August 23, from 2:00 PM-3:00 PM ET.
SPEAKERS AND PARTICIPANTS:
Introduction: Richard Hunt, MD, Senior Medical Advisor, ASPR National Healthcare Preparedness Programs
- Shawn Brast, MS, Team Educator and Critical Care Transport Nurse/Paramedic, Johns Hopkins LIFELINE
- Nicholas Cagliuso, Sr., PhD, MPH, Assistant Vice President, Emergency Management, New York City Health + Hospitals
- Andrea Esp, MPH, CPH, CHES, Public Health Emergency Response Coordinator, Washoe County Health District
- Brian Garibaldi, MD, Director, Johns Hopkins Biocontainment Unit
- Syra Madad, DHSc, MSc, MCP, Director, System-wide Special Pathogens Program, New York City Health + Hospitals
- Wendy Pagan, BBA, CHEC, Training Officer, Southern Nevada Health District
- Jeff Quinn, MPH, Manager, Office of Public Health Preparedness, Southern Nevada Health District
- Lori Upton, RN, BSN, MS, CEM, Director of Preparedness, SouthEast Texas Regional Advisory Council
- Regional Transport Plan and EMS Partners
- State-Designated Ebola Treatment Centers
- Regional Ebola and Special Pathogen Treatment Centers
- Assessment Hospitals
- Frontline Facilities
- Healthcare Coalitions
- Public Health Agencies
- Emergency Management Agencies
REGISTER HERE for this free webinar; it will also be recorded and archived on the ASPR TRACIE website. Each registrant will receive a unique link needed to access the webinar. The link can only be used on one computer; therefore, registrants should not forward their registration confirmation emails to others. Please note that this webinar will be limited to the first 1,000 registrants. Where possible, register once per office/organization and view the webinar as a group to allow the maximum number of participants.
Audio: You can use your computer microphone and speakers (VoIP) or telephone. A phone number and PIN will be provided after logging into the webinar.
Registration Link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/9141634725821470465