2018-19 Project Submission Application – Coming Soon
Project Submission Process
- Requesting agency must be a current member or request membership to the North Central Florida HealthCare Coalition (NCFHCC) as part of the project submission process.
- Project must demonstrate relevance to the Coalition’s mission: Coordinating preparedness and resilience through all sectors of the healthcare system.
- Projects will provide for geographic diversity within the eleven county region of Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Putnam, Suwannee and Union counties.
- Projects must address an identified healthcare delivery deficiency, gap or resource shortage as identified in the 2018 Region 3 Healthcare Coalition planning documents:
a. Region 3 Hazard Vulnerability Analysis
b. Region 3 Jurisdictional Risk Assessment
c. Region 3 Preparedness Plan
d. North Central Florida HCC Strategic Plan
- Projects must align to and support one of the following 2017 -2022 Health Care Preparedness and Response Capabilities: Foundation for Health Care and Medical readiness, Health Care and Medical Response Coordination, Continuity of Health Care Service Delivery, or Medical Surge.
- Projects will not be considered if they supplant normal business expenses/core mission requirements
- Projects will not be considered if they violate any of the ASPR funding restrictions (see Attachment).
- Decisions made on funding requests are at the sole discretion of the North Central Florida HealthCare Coalition Board of Directors.
- The North Central Florida HealthCare Coalition Board reserves the right to partially fund a request. All project funding awarded must be expended (and equipment received) by June 1, 2019.
Previously Funded Projects
Total Awarded Funding for 2017: $66,590.95
1. Alachua County Fire Rescue
- Project Title: Ballistic Protective Equipment for Active Shooter/Terrorism Rescue Task Force
- Additional Info: Equipment purchased will supplement supplies Alachua County Fire Rescue will purchase to complete the resources needed for this task force
- Purchase: F1 Ballistic Protective Vests (360 Protection) 3+ Rating and Mega Mover Patient Care Moving Devices
- Total Funding Amount: $18,232.9
2. Florida Department of Health Alachua County
- Project Title: Region III Equipment Cache for Special Needs Shelters (SpNS)
- Additional Info: The items requested for purchase are augment to the cache with items that were needed but could not be funded at the time
- Purchase: Bariatric Cots and Wheelchairs, and Glucometers
- Total Funding Amount: $19,974.00
3. Florida Department of Health Putnam County
- Project Title: Regional Continuity of Operations (COOP) Exercise
- Additional Info: COOP is a US federal regulation that ensures agencies are able to continue performance of essential functions under a broad range of circumstances
- Purchase: Exercise services from a qualified and licensed vendor to carry out the exercise and produce deliverables such as an After Action Report/Improvement Plan (AAP/IP)
- Total Funding Amount: $15,000.00
4. UF Health Shands
- Project Title: CHEMPACK Security
- Additional Info: CHEMPACK is a national program funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CHEMPACK is a first responder asset that provides antidotes for individuals exposed to intentional nerve agent attacks and large-scale organophosphate (pesticide) poisonings
- Purchase: Equipment and supplies used to create a secured room in which to store a CHEMPACK. This is a requirement by the CDC in order for the CDC to issue a CHEMPACK free of charge
- Total Funding Amount: $13,384.00