The North Central Florida Healthcare Coalition is announcing the opening of the Project Funding Process for the 2018-19 Fiscal Year. Money has been budgeted to fund projects for members. Members must complete the Project Submission Form found below and submit to Leigh Wilsey via email lwilsey@NEFRC.org no later than Monday, October 1st.
The application must be completed in its entirety; applicants must submit all requested information. Incomplete applications and applications that do not meet the requested standards may be rejected, or be at a disadvantage, in comparison with those that are complete.
The application process opens on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. Your completed application must be received, via email, by the deadline of Monday, October 1, 2018 at 4 pm ET.
Please contact Leigh Wilsey with any questions.
Leigh Wilsey, Senior Regional Planner
Coordinator, North Central Florida HealthCare Coalition
904-279-0880 ext. 105 or 1-888-223-8397
Previously Funded Projects
Total Awarded Funding for 2017: $66,590.95
1. Alachua County Fire Rescue
- Project Title: Ballistic Protective Equipment for Active Shooter/Terrorism Rescue Task Force
- Additional Info: Equipment purchased will supplement supplies Alachua County Fire Rescue will purchase to complete the resources needed for this task force
- Purchase: F1 Ballistic Protective Vests (360 Protection) 3+ Rating and Mega Mover Patient Care Moving Devices
- Total Funding Amount: $18,232.9
2. Florida Department of Health Alachua County
- Project Title: Region III Equipment Cache for Special Needs Shelters (SpNS)
- Additional Info: The items requested for purchase are augment to the cache with items that were needed but could not be funded at the time
- Purchase: Bariatric Cots and Wheelchairs, and Glucometers
- Total Funding Amount: $19,974.00
3. Florida Department of Health Putnam County
- Project Title: Regional Continuity of Operations (COOP) Exercise
- Additional Info: COOP is a US federal regulation that ensures agencies are able to continue performance of essential functions under a broad range of circumstances
- Purchase: Exercise services from a qualified and licensed vendor to carry out the exercise and produce deliverables such as an After Action Report/Improvement Plan (AAP/IP)
- Total Funding Amount: $15,000.00
4. UF Health Shands
- Project Title: CHEMPACK Security
- Additional Info: CHEMPACK is a national program funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CHEMPACK is a first responder asset that provides antidotes for individuals exposed to intentional nerve agent attacks and large-scale organophosphate (pesticide) poisonings
- Purchase: Equipment and supplies used to create a secured room in which to store a CHEMPACK. This is a requirement by the CDC in order for the CDC to issue a CHEMPACK free of charge
- Total Funding Amount: $13,384.00