The North Central Florida Healthcare Coalition is announcing the opening of the Project Funding Process for the 2019-20 Fiscal Year. Money has been budgeted to fund projects for members. Members must complete the Project Submission Form found below and submit to Leigh Wilsey via email lwilsey@NEFRC.org no later than Friday, September 20th.
The application must be completed in its entirety; applicants must submit all requested information. Incomplete applications and applications that do not meet the requested standards may be rejected, or be at a disadvantage, in comparison with those that are complete.
The application process opens is open now. Your completed application must be received, via email, by the deadline of Friday, September 20, 2019 at 4 pm ET.
Please contact Leigh Wilsey with any questions.
Leigh Wilsey, Senior Regional Planner
Coordinator, North Central Florida HealthCare Coalition
904-279-0880 ext. 105 or 1-888-223-8397
Previously Funded Projects
Total Awarded Funding for 2017: $66,590.95
1. Alachua County Fire Rescue
- Project Title: Ballistic Protective Equipment for Active Shooter/Terrorism Rescue Task Force
- Additional Info: Equipment purchased will supplement supplies Alachua County Fire Rescue will purchase to complete the resources needed for this task force
- Purchase: F1 Ballistic Protective Vests (360 Protection) 3+ Rating and Mega Mover Patient Care Moving Devices
- Total Funding Amount: $18,232.9
2. Florida Department of Health Alachua County
- Project Title: Region III Equipment Cache for Special Needs Shelters (SpNS)
- Additional Info: The items requested for purchase are augment to the cache with items that were needed but could not be funded at the time
- Purchase: Bariatric Cots and Wheelchairs, and Glucometers
- Total Funding Amount: $19,974.00
3. Florida Department of Health Putnam County
- Project Title: Regional Continuity of Operations (COOP) Exercise
- Additional Info: COOP is a US federal regulation that ensures agencies are able to continue performance of essential functions under a broad range of circumstances
- Purchase: Exercise services from a qualified and licensed vendor to carry out the exercise and produce deliverables such as an After Action Report/Improvement Plan (AAP/IP)
- Total Funding Amount: $15,000.00
4. UF Health Shands
- Project Title: CHEMPACK Security
- Additional Info: CHEMPACK is a national program funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CHEMPACK is a first responder asset that provides antidotes for individuals exposed to intentional nerve agent attacks and large-scale organophosphate (pesticide) poisonings
- Purchase: Equipment and supplies used to create a secured room in which to store a CHEMPACK. This is a requirement by the CDC in order for the CDC to issue a CHEMPACK free of charge
- Total Funding Amount: $13,384.00