The general membership of the North Central Florida HealthCare Coalition (NCFHCC) is made up of multi-discipline, multi‐jurisdictional partners. These include public, private and governmental agencies involved in the overall healthcare system within the 11-county region. Disciplines include health providers, medical first responders, public health officials and emergency management officers, just to name a few.
NCFHCC is headed by a board of directors with seven voting members. Voting members include four discipline representatives as well as three at-large members who represent the member counties. As the coalition grows, additional disciplines will be added to the board.
The board is responsible for the business and affairs of the coalition. It is governed by the state and federal regulations and bylaws set forth by the Florida Department of Health and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) and Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Cooperative Agreements.
- Harold Theus, Chair
- Deputy Chief, Alachua County Fire and Rescue
- Office: (352) 384-3132
- John “Dan” Mann, Vice-Chair
- Preparedness Planner, Bradford and Union County Health Departments
- Office: (904) 964-7332 ext 1602
- Suzanne DeKay, Secretary/Treasurer, Member-At-Large
- Directory of Safety, Security, and External Transportation, UF Health Shands
- Office: (352) 594-5805
- Mary Garcia, Public Health Discipline Representative
- Administrator / Health Officer, Putnam County Department of Health
- Office: (386) 326-3254
- John Shaw, Emergency Management Discipline Representative
- Director of Emergency Management, Alachua County
- Office: (352) 264-6500
- Ebbin Spellman, Health Systems / Hospitals Discipline Representative
- Manager, Safety, and Emergency Preparedness
- Office: (352) 594-6575
- Mitch Harrell, Emergency Medical Services Discipline Representative
- Director, Levy County Department of Public Safety
- Office: (352) 486-5209